Saturday, February 21, 2009

Cheap Tickets for Hawaii Travel

"How can I find cheap tickets for Hawaii Island travel?" seems to be a question I get on a regular basis. Even though the closure of ATA and Aloha seem to have made prices skyrocket, there are some hints to assure you of getting cheap tickets for Hawaii travel vacations.

Bulk prices are available to travel agents, so it makes sense to have someone with those resources working on your behalf. In many instances they can beat Internet prices. By combining air, car and condo, you can save much more than purchasing each item separately.

Traveling on week days is generally less expensive than traveling on the week-ends. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are usually the cheapest days to fly.

For best Hawaii travel, avoid flying on holidays. The planes fill up quickly and prices rise accordingly. If you do have to travel during the holiday season, the least expensive day is usually the exact holiday. When I searched for my flight to Nashville from Maui at Christmastime, it was cheaper for me to start on Christmas eve and arrive on Christmas morning. I actually got to have Christmas with my family on Maui early and spend Christmas day with my family in Nashville, so it worked out great.

I did a quick study to see which west coast airfare was the cheapest to Maui. In comparing, Seattle, San Franciso, and Los Angeles, San Franciso was the cheapest. This may not be true in every case, so make sure your travel agent checks that our for you if you are coming from further east.

It's hard to say that any one airlines is cheaper than the others at this point. A good agent will look at various options for you to get cheap tickets and assure you of the best Hawaii travel prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment