Tuesday, February 24, 2009
American Airlines - $15.00 for the first bag each way. $25.00 for the 2nd bag each way.
Continental Airlines - $15.00 for the first bag each way. $25.00 for the 2nd bag each way.
Delta Airlines - $15.00 for the first bag each way. $25.00 for the 2nd bag each way.
Go!Airlines - $10.00 for the first bag each way $17.00 for the 2nd bag each way.
Hawaiian Airlines - $15.00 for the first bag each way. $25.00 for the 2nd bag each way for flights between the continental U.S. and Hawaii. $17.00 for inter island flights.
Island Air - first bag is free, $25.00 for the 2nd thru 4th bag each way.
Northwest Airlines - $15.00 for the first bag each way. $25.00 for the 2nd bag each way.
United Airlines - $15.00 for the first bag each way. $25.00 for the 2nd bag each way.
US airways -$15.00 for the first bag each way. $25.00 for the 2nd bag each way.
Exceptions to these policies include First or Business Class and customers who purchase full-fare economy tickets.
Most airlines will charge a fee if the bags weigh more than 50 pounds. If you are planning to bring 3 bags or more per person, additional costs may be as high as $125. Four bags may be $200. Golf clubs or surf boards are considered a second bag.
I recommend packing lightly to have the best Hawaii travel. Take a carry on along with one large suitcase. One bag is allowed so long as it does not exceed 45 inches when you add the length +width + Height so that it fits in an overhead bin or under the seat. Personal items - includes backpack, purse, briefcase, laptop or a similar item such as book bag or tote that does not exceed 36 inches.
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Bulk prices are available to travel agents, so it makes sense to have someone with those resources working on your behalf. In many instances they can beat Internet prices. By combining air, car and condo, you can save much more than purchasing each item separately.
Traveling on week days is generally less expensive than traveling on the week-ends. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are usually the cheapest days to fly.
For best Hawaii travel, avoid flying on holidays. The planes fill up quickly and prices rise accordingly. If you do have to travel during the holiday season, the least expensive day is usually the exact holiday. When I searched for my flight to Nashville from Maui at Christmastime, it was cheaper for me to start on Christmas eve and arrive on Christmas morning. I actually got to have Christmas with my family on Maui early and spend Christmas day with my family in Nashville, so it worked out great.
I did a quick study to see which west coast airfare was the cheapest to Maui. In comparing, Seattle, San Franciso, and Los Angeles, San Franciso was the cheapest. This may not be true in every case, so make sure your travel agent checks that our for you if you are coming from further east.
It's hard to say that any one airlines is cheaper than the others at this point. A good agent will look at various options for you to get cheap tickets and assure you of the best Hawaii travel prices.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Now, Canada's strong oil economy and robust real estate appreciation has increased its citizens discretionary income. And, while Canadians still view Hawaii as a faraway locale, the buying power of their dollar has made Hawaii travel vacations affordable.
While a passport is not needed if you are coming from one of the other 49 states in the US, you will need one if you are coming from Canada. Plan ahead to obtain this to assure yourself of simple Hawaii travel.
You can pick up a passport application at one of 28 regional passport offices or most travel agencies. Canadian children who travel must have their own passports. However, if you hold a valid Canadian passport issued before December 11, 2001, that bears the name of your child, the passport remains valid for you and your child until it expires. Applications are available at travel agencies throughout Canada or from the central Passport Office, Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade, Otttawa, ON K1A 0G3 www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/passport). (tel 800-567-6868) Processing takes 5 to 10 days if you apply in person, or about 3 weeks by mail.
Airfare from Canada can be obtained for as little as $706 per person which can assist you greatly in obtaining affordable Hawaii islands travel.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
OAHU - A vibrant center of international commerce, home to Waikiki, known for its fabulous climate, multi-cultural lifestyles and beautiful beaches. And there's more to Oahu - the vistas from Diamond Head, the military history of Pearl Harbor, the surfing paradise of the North Shore, the beaches and waterfalls throughout the island.
MOLOKAI - True to the traditions of their ancestors, the lifestyles of the people of Molokai is untouched and unspoiled. God has carved a rugged beauty on this island --pristine barrier reefs, soaring sea cliffs, verdant valleys. For outdoor explorers eco-seekers, ocean adventures, welcome to Molokai, an island that is truly "Hawaiian by Nature."
MAUI - Named "Best Island in the World" time and time again, Maui has it all -every land, sea and air activity you can imagine. From heavenly Hana to picturesque Lahaina, from Haleakala Crater, "the house of the Sun" to the marine preserve at Molokini. Every winter, thousands of humpback whales come home to the crystal waters of Maui for breeding. A must for the best Hawaii travel.
LANAI - Once covered in pineapple plantations, Lanai today is a perfect getaway, the ultimate land seclusion. Discover the cultural treasures, enjoy the charm of Lanai's town square, or relax at the world-class resorts on the island. Or enjoy the excitement of the outdoors, with horse back riding, sporting clays, hiking and miles of uncrowded beach.
KAUAI - nicknamed "The Garden Isle" is green and lush from Waimea Canyon, the "Grand Canyon of the Pacific," to the mists of Hanalei Bay. Golding, hiking, kayaking, and snorkeling are just a few of the ways to enjoy Kauai's splendor. Or the island can be explored by walking along a white sand beach or learning about the diverse cultures that contributed to Kauai's history.
HAWAII - The Big Island, twice the size of all the other islands combined, is the newest island in the volcanic chain, and still growing, with the world's most active volcano. Home to world-class sporting and fishing events, the Big Island has room for every kind of activity. This island is home to a wide variety of climatic zones, from lava fields to lush valley's and has many state historical sites and sanctuaries.
Easy presents its own uniquely appealing variety for Hawaii travel vacations.
Sunday, February 15, 2009
If you are planning to get married in
- Get married at the beginning of your stay. Why? You don't want to spend your entire stay worrying about your wedding. Get married early, then enjoy your
honeymoon travel without any stress. Hawaii
- Hire a wedding planner. As organized and detail oriented as you may be, there are many things that can not be determined long distance. Unless you have been to
, you don’t know the pro’s and con’s of various beaches. While one may be an awesome snorkeling beach, it may not be the best for a wedding. Your planner will help you choose the best venders, ones who are dependable, affordable and good at what they do. She will know from experience which ones to avoid. Hawaii
- You’ll need a beach permit unless you are getting married at a private location. This is something your planner can do for you. Cost starts at $20.00
- A wedding license must be obtained in Hawaii. Your wedding planner will set up your license appointment with the nearest agent and give you detailed directions on how to reach her. There is no need for a blood test. Cost is $65.00
- Are you bringing your wedding dress? You can ship it ahead of time , and have it pressed. It will be all ready to go when you arrive.
- Don't get sunburned before your wedding! Many couples don't realize how quickly they can get burned here. Because you don't want to look like a lobster in your photos, be extra careful about exposure to the sun when you get to
, even driving around in a convertible can burn you badly. Plan to have fun with your Hawaii Hawaii islandtravel, but don’t overdue your time in the sun.
How to Make Your
- Keep your wedding small. The bigger the wedding the more likely that you'll be stressed. Couples who come by themselves or with just a few close friends or family seem to enjoy their moment the most.
- Pamper yourself by letting a hair and make-up specialist do your hair and make-up. You won't have to go into a parlor, expert beauticians come right to your hotel or condo. Your fiancé will be speechless when he sees how gorgeous you look.
- Dress up in full white wedding gown and formal tuxedo. You can't believe how awesome you will look and feel decked out to the nines, in front of a beautiful
beach sunset. You don't have to dress up... but believe me, it makes the whole occasion so much more special when you do. Hawaii
- Increase the romance by releasing butterflies at your wedding. They won't fly off quickly... they'll stay on your finger and your flowers to add to the enchantment of the moment.
- Add to the dreamlike experience by releasing doves. Some companies use an exquisite Victorian cage, and will show you how to release them for incredible photography... which you'll treasure for a lifetime as the two of you begin your own new life together.
- Choose a decent size photography package. A larger photography package with digital editing and special effects will enhance your images. Make sure your company will sell you the CD with all the images.
- Arrange to have a video shot of your wedding. Capture the wedding and all the magic of your nuptials including a dreamy montage of your favorite love songs that will bring raves from your family and friends.
- Pamper yourselves with an elegant dinner overlooking the beach. This is probably the only time in your life when you will ever have a gourmet meal served to you on the grass overlooking the beach lit by tiki torches. What more romantic way is there to begin your new life together?
- Have a musician of your choice entertaining at your wedding. You will feel like you stepped right into the lives of the rich and famous.
- Even if you can’t afford to spend the whole time at a resort, book a condo and take two nights at a resort. This can assure you of having the best
travel possible. Hawaii
These are just some of the many little things that you can do to make your
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Another possibility is the SuperFerry, but at this time it only runs between Oahu and Maui. It's a three and a half hour trip from Honolulu to Maui and a 3 hours trip from Maui to Honolulu.Cost is currently $39.00 per person, one way. Some rental companies will allow you to drive your car on the ferry, but will charge you an additional fee. If you leave the car on another island, figure at least a $400 drop fee charge. There is a ferry or charters that runs from Maui to Molokai and Lanai as well.
Price is not the only thing to consider. How much time will it take you to explore each island? Depending on how varied your interests are will help determine the answer to this question. The natural scenery is so breathtaking on all the islands and so varied, that you want to allow plenty of time for expeditions.
Determining how much actual time you have for your Hawaii islands travel is the first step. Let's say you have two weeks. I would recommend two, maybe three islands at the most. Five days on each island is minimum. Most people feel like they are rushed to cram everything they want to do into that small amount of time.
If you are going to stay on two, determine which two would be most valuable for you to see. Maui no ka oi is a popular saying, meaning that Maui is the best. I would include this in your Hawaii island vacation especially if it is your first time coming to Hawaii. It has a little bit of everything. From there you need to determine if you want to go more rural or more commercialized.
No matter which island or islands you choose, You can have the time of your life with your Hawaii travel vacation.
Friday, February 13, 2009
The nice thing is that you don't have to find Hawaii vacation packages, you can create your own. Choose which island you want to stay on, which accommodations will work best for you, and choose the type of car you want as well as the exact dates you want to travel. You don't have to fit your schedule into something that is prearranged for you. Hawaii vacation packages can be created to custom fit your needs.